Wednesday, October 24, 2012

New Store Opens in New Orleans market


We are excited to report the opening on October 9, 2012 of the 9th Oil &Vinegar location.  A grand opening event is scheduled for Thursday, November 8th.   Read on to find our more about our newest franchise partner, Pemmie Sheasby, charged with development of the brand in the state of Louisiana.



FRANCHISEE PROFILE:
     
Name: Pemmie Sheasby
Opening Date: October 8, 2012
Location: Nord du Luc Shopping Center - Covington, Louisiana
Phone Number: 504 610-5963      










An interview with Pemmie Sheasby, new Multi-unit partner for the state of Louisiana.

How did you learn about the Oil & Vinegar brand?

I was at a convention in Idaho where I learned about the brand, and later had spent some time in Spokane where I visited the Oil & Vinegar store in the mall that had just opened. I really liked the concept – they took me through the store and had me try different items, and I just fell in love with the idea. I took a franchise brochure with me but at that time it was not right for me to start my own business.

Fast forward several years, and after doing a lot of research, I decided I wanted to go for it and open my own location in the New Orleans market.

What makes your local business different?

In the New Orleans market, the variety of international products we offer and the knowledge of the staff really set us apart from the other competitors and/or stores selling gourmet specialty items.  We let people try all the products before buying. If you try something and don’t like it, you don’t buy it. It’s all about the taste.  Our focus on providing personalized advice and gift packaging for the guest looking for that unique and healthy gift idea will also allow us to differentiate our service.

We are also truly a family business – I have 3 daughters, all plan to be involved.

What challenges have you overcome to get where you are now?

The hardest part was picking the location of the store. I also financed the store by using my 401k, risking my retirement.

What are your expansion or development plans?

At the beginning of 2013 my plan is to start exploring opening a store in Baton Rouge, then in 2014 expanding to Lafayette.  The goal is to open a total of three stores within the next 2-3 years.  Each store will employ about 10 people.

Do you have any other interesting hobbies or passions?

I love to play golf, I take ballroom dancing. Love to cook, scrap-booking, and I love to sing.

No comments:

Post a Comment